Monday, August 20, 2012

For what ails me


First it was homemade ramen, then Mom's homemade chicken and stars (yumm...and the stars are part of the healing magic, seriously), and today it's Italian Wedding soup (from the can, but delish non-the-less). After being sick on and off for going on 3 weeks now, I've gotten used to enjoying soup, even on the hottest days of California August.  

I'm pretty sure at this point that it's a virus, since ten days of antibiotics only cleared up a bit of snot and some pink eye. But the sore throat and cough are lingering (the latter has been around since April...yes, really). It's been a patchy week going back to work, and once again, I am so happy to have understanding managers and co-workers who help me feel better, and help me get my rest. And of course, thankful for a family who puts up with my sick whining for three weeks plus. 

Since being home, sick, I've been reading more blogs, more books, more magazines. I've been trying to work on my self evaluation for work, and getting new ideas for the wedding - now less than 2 months away! I've been trying to blog here, but finding that I don't want to just blab away about this and that (though, I am pretty sure that's what I am doing now), so I've been trying to focus on WHAT it is that I am actually writing about on this space. Today, it's about being sick and soup. So be it.  

Like I mentioned, I've been reading a lot of other blogs lately. Two that have remained on my favorite list that I've been spending more time reading lately have been A Beautiful Mess (I've been drooling over some of the recipes!) and Bleubird Vintage (love the amazing capture-the-moment photos!). I've also found a blog that's full of fun photos and a lifestyle completely different from mine and super interesting - check it out at Oliver and Abrahams.  

Anyway - I'm off to the market for some more meds to keep my head out of a funk.  Hope you're still staying cool. 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment