Saturday, May 25, 2013

In My Life: May 2013


It's been a while since I've posted one of these, and frankly it's time to bring it back. Here's what's going on in my life this week...

Watching:  We really haven't been watching a lot of TV, but we did recently rent "This is 40" and "Silver Linings Playbook." I've been waiting to watch both of these movies for a while, and I can say both totally lived up to my expectations. "This is 40" was funny and light, the kind of movie I love to watch half of the time. The other half of the time I love character driven movies with a good story line behind them. "Silver Linings Playbook" was totally one of these movies. It helps that it had an amazing cast as well. I loved watching Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in characters that we aren't used to seeing them in most of the time. We tough characters to play, and what a great turn of events in the end. I won't spoil it, but if you haven't seen it yet, you really must! Then... in the theaters, E and I finally got to see "The Great Gatsby."  LOVE!  I haven't read the book since the 11th grade, but I was so surprised how many of the lines and scenes came back to me while watching.  It was really well done, a little long, but worth it. Best of all we the total Baz Luhrman-ness of it all. So well filmed. 

Reading: The new issue of Sunset magazine. I haven't gotten around to settling back in to one of the books I am trying to finish but I LOVE when I get a new issue of either Sunset or Real Simple in the mail. They totally inspire me to  get in the kitchen or the garden (or go shopping), and I love reading about new ideas for the house. One of these days I'll be getting around to some actual book reading, but not right now. 

Listening: to lots of new music! We finally downloaded some new music including Imagine Dragons, Capital Cities, The Band Perry, Blake Sheldon, and I bought the Gatsby soundtrack at Starbucks too (the only place I buy actual CDs anymore).  All are awesome CDs, especially the Imagine Dragons album which we've been playing while getting some work done in the garden.

Thinking:  about the future of this blog and the potential of it.  I just got a new computer (YAY!) and I think it's going to help be be more productive with organizing the blog and posts, etc. But it also runs off Windows 8, which is a whole other new thing to learn and so it may take me a while before I get used to using it all and into the swing of it. 

Cooking/Baking: lots of cold soups, can you tell? It's something I've never really done before, and it's different. We also cooked up some Scalpin, a type of fish we caught last month when we went on a fishing trip with our friends. So cool to cook up something you caught yourself. It was really tasty too. 

Making: ...hmmm... what am I making?  Nothing in particular right now, but thinking about making a lot of things. Thinking about what theme I'm going to give my sketchbook so I can start drawing. Thinking about what to do with all the crocheted hearts I have (I'll have to show you sometime soon!), and MOST recently, thinking about making a table with some leftover wood from our original hardwood flooring. We have a whole bunch of wood slats left and I think I'm going to try to make a sewing machine table with it.  It's going to mean learning how to use some of E's powertools, but hey, I can do that - right??

Looking forward:  Probably the most exciting part of this post... looking forward to getting a doggie!  E and I have been talking about it for a while now, and I think we're finally ready. We've seen a few pups we love at the shelter, and now we're hoping to get to spend some time with them today so we can make our decision. Right now it's a toss up between a German Shepard/Lab Retriever who is 8 months old, or a 2 year old Australian Cattle dog. They are both so sweet, I really don't know what kind of emotional roller coaster this is going to put us on, but I think we're ready for it.  Wish us luck!

That's about it... that's what's happening here with us. What's going on with you? Share your links to what's going on in your life with us, we'd love to see it!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment