Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cupcake Cookies


Wow - that's a lot of C's! And totally not the best picture in the world, but I needed to share this because these were so awesome. 

So E and I decided to make chocolate chip cookies the other night. We followed the classic cookie recipes on the Nestle Chocolate Chip bag, and we mixed up all the ingredients in my fabulous Kitchen Aide mixer. I don't know if it was because we mixed it all a bit too much, or because we ended up adding in an extra egg due to an egg-cracking-shell mishap that landed half of one of the eggs on the counter (and some of the shell in the mix - but I got it all out, I swear!), but this dough came out...almost whipped. Very light, very sticky, and it tasted amazing.

So we scooped our cookies on the tray and still ended up with a lot of dough in the bowl. Instead of waiting for our trays, we decided to scoop out the dough into our cupcake batter. We cooked the "cupcakes" for the same amount of time as the cookies (11 minutes) because they looked golden brown and done. When we took them out we saw that bottom middle one was cracked open and the inside wasn't finished even though we now had these amazing cupcake cookies. We flipped them our of the cupcake tray and laid them out on the tray and put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so. 

YUM. YUMYUMYUM! That's all I have to say. It's like having a chocolate chip cookie, but its bigger and more full of goodness and yum. 

Definitely worth a shot! Let me know how it turns out!

XO

1 comment: