Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Gloom/Oh to be Julia

Happy June! I guess I forgot the obligatory start of June post. Things have been busy here (again). There is a lot going on but right now I am sitting on the couch with a stuffed up nose, being a mouth breather....ugh. I HATE being a mouth breather. It's like instant misery for me. I've Afrin'ed my nose and taken day-quil, but I'm still blowing my nose every few minutes. I feel like one of those claymation elves with the red nose on the Kleenex commercials. 

And I've been 26 for a whole month now. Somehow it seems like it's been a lot longer than a month. May was pretty action packed. And the next few months look the same. But every morning this month so far has been gloomy. Cool and chilly and overcast and so quite and calm. I love it. Whatever negative connotations come with the word "gloom" are out the window. To me, this is the perfect at-home, get-things-done, or be-totally-lazy sort of weather. It's also the perfect weather to accompany you when you're sick and home and wanting to do nothing but blog and watch one of your favorite movies. 

Julie & Julia. I saw it a few years ago and I loved it, and it was just in the back of my mind as one of those good movies you love to watch, and that I should buy it some day. But then the 52 soup project came into my life. It's funny, when I started to tell people about this random project that I challenged myself to, people started saying, "oh, like that girl who cooked her way through Julia Child's cookbook!"  And then it all clicked and then I was so even more delighted and enamored with my project.  OF COURSE! It's just like that! Only not as crazy, and (thankfully) probably not as fattening as Julie Child's recipes. But really, it's just like that!

And now, I don't know if it's because of those comments, or if this love affair with this movie is something that started back when I saw the hollandaise sauce being whipped up on the big screen for the first time, but I now own it. 

And on gloomy June mornings when my nose is stuffed and all I want to do is sit and blog and think about all the possibilities, it's the perfect movie to pop on and imagine to. Oh to be Julia at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Writing a cookbook is definitely on our bucketlist....


photo courtesy of Brooklyn Based 
BON APPETIT!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment