Wednesday, March 21, 2012

PDS 7/Greeting Cards

Another fab day off of work, beautiful weather, the perfect day for some retail therapy at Paper Source. I have been meaning to head over there for a while, since there aren't really many other craft stores in the area except for the big Michael's. It was a splurge, for sure, but one that I think might actually pay off soon.

I've been thinking about making cards - greeting cards, birthday cards, anything cards. I make them for family and friends, and have been doing it for a while, but why not hone in on those card-making skills and get a little serious (not too serious though!) about it. I bought a pack of blank cards from Michael's a few weeks ago, and with my recent findings at Paper Source, I figured I had enough to make something good - plus a little extra!
So when I got back home I thought, what now? I have this fab-o stamp, and cool ink, and cards. Then I remembered the embossing powder and heat gun I have from embossing all my engagement party invitations. So fabulous. So I dug through old supplies, found some things I thought I'd forgotten, and got to work.

I really had fun making these cards, and I'm thinking about starting up an Etsy shop. Anyone interested in buying a set? I can do custom colors and maybe in the future... some different themes?  It's still a work in progress, and there's a lot to learn, but it's something I love - which makes it all worth it.  Here's the supplies, and then the end product - what's the verdict? Any buyers?

1 comment: