Friday, June 1, 2012

June. The middle.


I am completely flabbergasted that it's June. Where did the last 5 months go? 2012 is a big year for me, and while trying to take a nap before work today, I realized that we are now in the middle of the year. YIKES! That means only 4 months until my BIG DAY! There's still so much that needs to be done, and at the same time, there needs to be time taken to simply enjoy.

Many of the other bloggers that I follow have this super awesome thing that they do at the start of every month. They set goals. I'm good with big goals. Like, graduate nursing school (check!), find a job (check!), plan a wedding (in the process... but CHECK!). It's the little goals in life that I make easily in my head, and then forget about or just let slip.

So in an effort to not completely copy other bloggers, but to also to put my big girl pants on, get my butt in gear, and DO SOMETHING (which seems to be a reoccurring theme on this blog...) I'm going to set me some little small goals, and post them here in an effort to be accountable to someone out there in cyberspace.

1* Wear more skirts - it's hot and I tend to still hide behind some jeans or shorts. Thanks to some new finds at Target, I don't think this one's going to be too hard.

2* Find an anti-shoulder-tan-line bathing suit to avoid stripes on my shoulders for my wedding. Seen any lately?

3* Lose 5 pounds and do arm exercises. My previous goal (set in January) wasn't a total flub - I did lose 11 pounds, but I am back at a weight I tend to just stay at, and I'd really LOVE to drop it (in a slow, natural and healthy way) before alterations need to be made on my wedding dress in August. So 5 lbs in June is pretty legit. Arm exercises are a part of this. I need some toning - big time - any one have any suggestions?
This also means walking more... in training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. You can read more about it here, and help sponsor me too if you'd like!

4* CHILL OUT. Wedding magazines don't mention how stressful the entire planning process can be... and when/if they do, it's usually in a really long article that no one wants to read (sorry, I flip through the mags for the pictures and the short little blurbs... not the long bits...no time!). I have a little more than 134 days left and I need to calm down and enjoy them! 

5* Complain less. Honestly, this one just popped into my head while I was sitting here thinking that I should come up with an even 5 goals for the month...complaining to myself inside that what I'm writing is probably crap. I had an amazing professor in nursing school who talked to us about A Complaint Free World and how it changes the way we view everything, work, play, chores, things that we want to do and the things we don't want to. So, since that is what popped into my head at number 5, I'm going to go for it. Why not?

So there you have it. Five goals, small in their own way, huge in a whole other way that maybe only I understand. Of course there are other goals, and those, for now I will have to work with off line, but they may pop up on here sometime this month.  For now, keep me accountable. I hope to make an effort to track my progress on here (oops - goal #6*)...until then - HAPPY JUNE!

*Our first pomegranate of the year!

3 comments:

  1. me and the confused say... never have more goals than fingers on one hand.
    then check 'em off with both hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great list. Best wishes!
    I participated in the Avon walk in 2000 and it was life changing for me. We were encouraged to create a community of kindness and whining was not allowed. So good for you to cut out the complaining habit ahead of time!
    There is one more thing I've got to tell you... 5 is an odd number :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The Avon walk is truly life changing. This will be my 4th year walking and my 5th year participating (I got to crew one of the years). It's so moving, especially being that my mom is a 2 time breast cancer survivor, and a colon cancer survivor as well! :) Thanks for your encouragement... and yes, cutting the complaining out now is part of the plan. :) Take care and check back again

    xo

    ReplyDelete