Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Since I've been gone

It's been a while since I've blogged on and on about my life. Things have just been crazy busy.  Since my last post, I've gotten older (HELLO 25!), fallen in love with The Beatles all over again (went to see "Love" at the Mirage in Vegas!), worked like crazy, enjoyed my first Nurse's Week, celebrated my fabulous mama and all the mommies in my life on Mother's day, and then worked some more.

I've been lurking around in the blog world, but I've barely had the energy to do laundry (I actually had a nightmare last night about laundry taking over my room and I was tripping over piles and piles of it!), let alone think through what's been going on enough to write it out on here.

 But here are some pics of my life in the last few weeks to share with you all. Excuse the blur, some shots were taken from the car, others were taken after a drink or two. :)

 Driving up to the Mandalay Bay...over and over, we couldn't find the parking area...
 Best part of being born on Cinco de Mayo - $5 Margaritas and yummy food every year! @ Border Grill
 Mandalay Bay at night
 Pre-Show drink: Strawberry Fields. We couldn't take pictures of our massive Beatles drinks in the show, but they were fabbity.
 I love you MAMA! :)
Celebrating nurse's week at CHLA - this is a board full of thank you notes to all the nurses from all the patients and families!

It's been pretty busy, and there's so much more not documented here - but I've been keeping track of it all on my "paper blog" - my Smash Book of 2012. I'm thinking I'll take some pics and post them on here sometime soon.

In the mean time, I wanted to post this video up here from Seattle Children's Hospital. I don't work on a Hemonc unit, but I do work with some fabulous kids, and some awesome nurses. This video made me smile, and shows you how awesome it really is to be a peds nurse!!


No comments:

Post a Comment