Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Sketchbook Project in LA

As many of you might know, I have been a participant of The Sketchbook Project since the grand 2013 tour. I stayed up late, drank lots of coffee, and at the last minute I sent a sketchbook full of coffee drawings and doodles off to New York to be a part of this project. Since I submitted my book back in January, it's been on a tour of the country, stopping in more cities that I can say that I have visited in person.  I've been following their tweets and the blog, and this last weekend, they finally came to LA! 

It's an understatement to say that I was excited... though I think I did a good job of containing it.  After having followed it online for so long, it was hard to believe my book was finally making an appearance. And just up the street from my hospital! 

E and I spent Friday night on a mission to see the project.  We spent a good hour of that time just circling the block trying to figure out where this mobile library was hiding. On the plus side we got to see some parts of Silver Lake that we wouldn't have stopped at otherwise (including coffee at Intelligentsia and dinner at Home - yumm!). But when we finally found it, it was just too cool! 

I loved it so much I went back on Sunday with my mom, step dad, and brother. It was really a cool experience to connect with so many people through a sketchbook they submitted the same way I had.  Check out some of the pictures from that night. 



waiting in line to get a library card.... e got in the shot

checked out mom's book


official card carrying member


e checked out my book


i checked out this book....


hey! that's me!

I'm working on another book for this amazing project. It's due next week and I still have about 6 paintings left to do. This one's all about the garden, and a whole different book than my first entry.  

The sketchbook project is an amazing thing... you can fill your book with art, writing, pictures, anything. If you're looking to be a part of something BIG - this is it, and I really recommend being a part of it. Check out more at www.thesketchbookproject.com

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment