Friday, June 20, 2014

Baby's Second Blanket

Oh how I love a good craft project.  Right after we had our first ultrasound appointment at 8 weeks I headed off to Joann's fabric store to get started on a blanket. It took several months and a lot of troubleshooting, but I completed baby's first blanket, and my first homemade quilt, and you can see it here. It was super fun (and often very stressful) but I love the end result and I can definitely see us using it all over the house and even on picnics and camping trips.

One thing I didn't know at the time was whether our baby was a boy or a girl, so I tried to pick some gender neutral colors and patterns. With the exception of the purple stripe and all the floral prints, I think our little guy will be OK with it, and if it's not his favorite blanket, it will still be super special. Even after we found out we were having a boy we had to keep it under wraps until our gender reveal party with our parents, and it just didn't seem right to start a baby boy project until I could share the news.

So literally RIGHT AFTER our gender reveal my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law decided we needed to ditch the guys for a bit and head off to get a new craft project started. Back to Joann's where I found the CUTEST, fluffiest yarn in blues and creams. PERFECT! I wasn't too sure what kind of blanket I was going to make but I knew it was going to be just for him.


And this was the end result! I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I did it in the same stitching I used for my friend's baby's blanket, but the thickness of the yarn gave it a whole new look and feel. It's ultra soft and fluffy, and I can definitely see us using this to snuggle with while breast feeding or just rocking on our chair (double points that it matches the chair!).



Can you feel the fluff?  I'm so looking forward to snuggling with my little guy under this blanket! Just 10 more weeks!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment