Friday, April 20, 2012

Don't mess with Texas!

Sending love and bacheegs from Houston, Texas! I'm here for the Society of Pediatric Nursing conference. 
Long ago last year, when I was still a wee nursing student dreaming of working on such a fabulous nursing unit at a fabulous hospital, I wrote a paper.  I was working as a nursing assistant on the unit of our dreams, but our close family at work was facing some troubling times and big changes, so I wrote about how I might change it if I were my boss. It was way intimidating, but close to my heart. Low and behold, my bosses liked it, and started taking steps to make it into a project to help boost the morale of our fabbity staff. 
Flash forward a year and a half later, and here I am in Houston, presenting this concept on a poster! These are the kinds of things we heard about doing in nursing school, but never thought possible until we were seasoned nurses.  But here I am and I'm loving it!  The atmosphere, being with nurses who know what it's like, who are interested in what you have to say, and who have some pretty amazing things to say themselves! And it's only just begun!
I'm heading off to start the day, but there will be more to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment