Thursday, September 20, 2012

in my life: i'm going a bit crazy, but it's for a good cause


So my post is a day late. Things have been super busy here, and every time I sat down to my computer, blogging about it was somewhere along the last thing that I really wanted to do. But here I am now, with my weekly update.

Loving:  My wedding shoes. I am wearing them right now to break them in and let me just say, they are stunning. I can't wait to show them off!  Also loving the memories of my bridal shower this weekend. It was such a fun day, despite the ridiculous heat. We had delicious food, fun games, yummy drinks, and E and I got a lot of the gifts off of our registry. Let me just say, we're going to have a pretty shnazzy kitchen! Here's a shot of most of my bridesmaids and I with my massive bow-bouquet.  And according to the number of ribbons I cut, I will be having 7 kids.  Oh goodness. 


Reading:  Not too much. Still working on "Tigers in Red Weather."  I got a bit further in it and I really like the style of her writing. But I haven't had much time to invest in it, so I don't have much else to say on that matter.

Watching:  Season 6 of HIMYM. Still fabulous, still love the show. I watch when I can't sleep at night, and when I'm taking my break at work. Most of the nurses sleep on their break, but I can't usually get myself to relax enough to sleep, so I sit down, put my feet up and watch and episode or two to allow my brain to "break" a little bit.  

Listening: to a bunch of new music my brother sent me on Dropbox. I've got new No Doubt, Green Day, RHCP, The Killers, and a bunch of other stuff. It's nice to hear some new stuff from some great bands. 

Thinking:  (still) about all the stuff I still have to get done. And though the list is dwindling, it's all still there and all still not checked off of my to-do list.  Also thinking and trying to figure out where all the time went. There are 23 days till the wedding!!!!!  WHAT? When did that happen?  I'm excited for sure, but still in a bit of shock that it's all so close! 

Looking Forward: to this weekend's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer! This will be my 5th year participating in the walk some how. I walked in '06, crewed in '07, and then walked again in '10 and '11. It's finally here! I love walking this walk every year. My mom is now a 2 time breast cancer survivor and a colon cancer survivor as well. Last year when we walked, she'd just finished her treatments a few months before, and when we crossed that finish line it was an amazing feeling!  This year my mom is leading a team of 17 of us and we're called Team In Her Shoes.  If you want to know more about it check out our team page here!  If you'd like to make a donation, you can visit my personal page here!  The money raised goes to help fund mammograms and programs to help women undergoing treatment, as well as programs that help find a cure! This is such an amazing and empowering walk, I can't wait to get out there and do it again!

All right. I've got my music, and a bag to pack for this weekend, and thank you notes to write, and a nap to take all before work tonight.  Until next time!

XO

2 comments: