Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Sketchbook Project


On Tuesday I was sitting at home after a day of running around and shopping, checking things off of my to-do list.  I love to sit and tackle my BlogLovin' feed all at once, usually with a good cup of coffee. But on Tuesday, Mom and I went to Billy's deli for dinner and had Kreplach soup and split a Reuben sandwich, and ate their most amazing pickles. So I was chugging water to keep from swelling up, and reading through my posts. Not that any of that matters.  

So I came upon a new blog I've been following, It's Me, KP. I started following her a week or so ago when Elise posted about her East Coast vs West Coast style swap with Kelly Purkey (KP). I had only really grazed any of the posts, and hadn't sat down to really read any yet. But since watching HIMYM, and feeling like experiencing fall in Manhattan, I had been itching to watch a Woody Allen movie. So when I was looking around her blog, I was drawn to the NYC section, where I soon found this post about the Brooklyn Art Library, where, of course, the pictures had me captivated and the words Sketchbook Project had me hooked. 

I started reading all about this amazing project where thousands of sketchbooks are created and sent in, then tour the country for a year, before finding a permanent home in the Brooklyn Art Library.  HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?  

I love sketching, doodling, writing, documenting, whatever. It's all possible, and I love that with this project, your work is out there for someone to see. I love projects that get people inspired and motivated to be creative. We both signed up to create our own sketch book and be a part of the 2013 project. I'm so excited and can't wait for our sketchbooks to arrive!  

XO