Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Sketchbook Project


On Tuesday I was sitting at home after a day of running around and shopping, checking things off of my to-do list.  I love to sit and tackle my BlogLovin' feed all at once, usually with a good cup of coffee. But on Tuesday, Mom and I went to Billy's deli for dinner and had Kreplach soup and split a Reuben sandwich, and ate their most amazing pickles. So I was chugging water to keep from swelling up, and reading through my posts. Not that any of that matters.  

So I came upon a new blog I've been following, It's Me, KP. I started following her a week or so ago when Elise posted about her East Coast vs West Coast style swap with Kelly Purkey (KP). I had only really grazed any of the posts, and hadn't sat down to really read any yet. But since watching HIMYM, and feeling like experiencing fall in Manhattan, I had been itching to watch a Woody Allen movie. So when I was looking around her blog, I was drawn to the NYC section, where I soon found this post about the Brooklyn Art Library, where, of course, the pictures had me captivated and the words Sketchbook Project had me hooked. 

I started reading all about this amazing project where thousands of sketchbooks are created and sent in, then tour the country for a year, before finding a permanent home in the Brooklyn Art Library.  HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?  

I love sketching, doodling, writing, documenting, whatever. It's all possible, and I love that with this project, your work is out there for someone to see. I love projects that get people inspired and motivated to be creative. We both signed up to create our own sketch book and be a part of the 2013 project. I'm so excited and can't wait for our sketchbooks to arrive!  

XO

3 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome project!
    Any chance you will show some of your sketches here? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'll probably end up posting a few snap shots of my sketchbook as I'm working, but I'd like to keep it as a whole project. HOWEVER, I did pay the extra fee to have it digitized, so once it's done and up, I will post about how to view it online. It's super cool, and they photograph the whole thing like you're reading a digital book!
    Can't WAIT!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to do this with you baby girl. Thank you for gifting me the project! Can't wait! Hopefully sketchbooks will come after the wedding madness...or I can just picture us sitting up all night too excited to sleep. Gotta think of my theme. I thought of " leaves" what do you think?

    ReplyDelete