Wednesday, September 12, 2012

In My Life



Loving: that it's September and that fall clothes and drinks and decorations are starting to pop up again. This is followed by: "not loving" that it's still 84 degrees outside and that I really had to stop myself from buying boots last night because I know it's still going to be this sweltering for at least a month. Also followed by "hoping" that it's not scorching hot on my wedding day.   But I digress. I am also LOVING that E and I got out marriage license last week and made our first major purchase as a couple - our bedroom set! The first of many big purchases in the next few months I am sure, but it was very fun and VERY exciting.  Also loving that today has been a very productive day and continues to be.  There is lots to get done and I'm getting it done!

Reading: um... blogs?  I really haven't been in the book mood lately. My mind is a little too all over the place to settle down and focus. I've been trying to sit down and read my BlogLovin' feed in the mornings, to get a fix on what's going on in the world, but that's about it. I've been reading a lot on Soule Mama and I love her post today about her daughter's birthday studio. Her pictures seem like they are out of a book. I hope that when I have a daughter, she's as creative. But really, I am secretly hoping for my own studio like that! 

Watching: SEASON 5 of HIMYM. I made it this far, I'm not giving up now! I have only a few more episodes til I'm caught up with E, and season 7 starts in a few weeks, so I best get on it. This also explains why reading hasn't really happened lately. Also, I suggested to E that when we get a dog, we should name him Ted Mosby. That way, you can always say, "haaaaaaaaaaaave you met Ted?"  LEGENDARY! Right?

Listening: to the coffee pot brew a fresh pot. I love that sound, and the smell. Especially when it's chilly and you taste that first fresh cup. Not that it's cold out, but I am sitting underneath the AC vent, so I'm just about freezing and getting that chilled fall effect. Perfect. And the coffee is amazing.

Thinking: about when I'm going to see E again. And thinking about how to do my hair for the wedding. I have one more trial coming up on Saturday before my shower, and I'm ebbing toward doing some kind of part-up part-down do, rather than all up like I was originally thinking. I just love my hair, and I feel like it should play a party on my wedding day, or at least make an appearance.  Not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Looking forward: to my wedding shower! It's this Saturday and I know very little about it and that's so exciting! I can't wait to be surprised and see what everyone has come up with. My lovely aunts and cousins are throwing it for me, so I know it's going to be fabulous. I just hope the weather isn't too ridiculously humid ...and hot. But either way, it's still going to be amazing!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning!! I have been following with BlogLovin and wanted to stop in to see how you were doing!!
    And THANK YOU!! you make me feel better about this heat.. it is still like 90 here in Texas!! ugh! Don't not feel like fall at all.

    Take some pics of that new bedroom suite!! How fun!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! So happy you're following! The heat is ridiculous here and I'm so over it! Especially in the morning because there are tricky little clouds that make you think its cool out, but really it is just humid. :( In other news our bedroom set is on its way and we wont be moving in till closer to the wedding, but I hope to have some pics up when I can! Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous week! XO

    ReplyDelete