Wednesday, December 5, 2012

In My Life: Currently





So... I was at work last night and suddenly writing 12/5 on everything.  It's December? Since when? And only 20 days til Christmas! YIKES!  Things have been busy around here... mostly working and sleeping, and then cramming all sorts of goodness into the rest of the days.  I've been sewing (hoping to finish our stockings today!!), and (as you can see) WE GOT OUR FIRST TREE!!! It's so beautiful and it looks so awesome. We haven't had a chance to decorate yet, but it's so pretty already! And we're ringing in the Christmas cheer with our festive nails - Mom and I got them done last week - a super fun girls night out!  

But I'm home from work, and before I start sewing stockings and trimming the tree, here's what's up in my life, currently.


Reading:  Lots of blogs! Especially excited to read Elise's exciting news here, and my old friend Leanne's new blog here. My mom was able to lend me her extra Nook charger so I'm excited to start back with my books! I'm also listening to "The Secret Life of Bees" on CD in my car... not sure if that falls under "reading" or "listening," hmmm.



Watching: Not a lot of anything. We really haven't been home much to catching anything good. Cool thing, we have DVR now, so I can record stuff. Currently waiting to be watched, Monday's "How I Met Your Mother" and "Freaks and Geeks" episodes because E has never seen it (WHAT?!). 



Listening:  To more Christmas music on the radio, and cold rainy day music on Pandora. And "The Secret Life of Bees" on audio book in my car :).



Cooking and Baking:  Honestly since the pot-pie and the banana bread, I have nothing too exciting to share with you all here. I did make a pretty awesome crock-pot cream of mushroom chicken the other night - super easy and super awesome. Just some chicken legs and thighs (still a little frozen even!), add a can of cream of mushroom, one onion, chopped, and some pieces of potatoes. That's it, the end - just turn it on low and let it sit! It was delicious with some pilaf and a yummy salad with homemade dressing!



Thinking: About changing the name of this blog. I love love love it. But I get that "bacheegs" can be a bit confusing if you don't know me, or Armenian. Maybe all it needs is a tag line with a phonetic spelling and definition (Webster-style), but maybe a re-name is in order. What do you think, I'd love to hear - especially from my non-Armenian readers. I love that it brings my roots into it all, but I don't want to shut readers out because they don't relate to the word the same way I do. So tell me - what do you think!?



Looking forward:  To the weekend - it's our unit Christmas party, and then Monday night is E's birthday! I'm not sure what I'll be getting him yet, or what I'm cooking, but I think it will be good. I'm vowing not to stress about it, and just have fun!

Until next time, 

XO




4 comments:

  1. great tree - can't wait to see the finished stockings - my mom would be proud... she liked to sew. Think I'll do you crock pot recipe. thinking of you... POPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having so much christmas fun!!! Thanks for the blog shout out! ha. I was thinking of getting some books on tape for my car because I listen to a little too much npr. Hope you're well my love! You seem as if you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you're nails are so cute and sparkly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blogs!!... but as a non-armenian cousin... I keep thinking it says "Beach hags" .. which I never understood.. or questioned much until now.. so do illuminate the ethnically-challenged of us with a pronunciation and definition please? I know that I could google-translate, but that wouldn't be nearly as much fun to read!

    Your Cousin, Robin

    ReplyDelete