Wednesday, September 18, 2013

around here

It's so typical that I would write a post about blog dreams and wanting this space to be a success and then completely disappear for a few weeks and not even post a soup!  It's been pretty busy around here to the point that I really haven't even turned on my computer much. But I'm allowing this to be a safe space, a free space. So if I don't write something for a few weeks, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. That's not healthy, and really, it's only going to make me not write some more.

So here's what's been going on in my life, around here.

It's hot. It's super hot and it's September, and I am super jealous of everyone else in who gets to experience the start of fall and the cooler weather. We wont get that until winter kicks in - around December- maybe January. grrr....

The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer 2013!! Team In Her Shoes was at it again. Mom and some of the team (including my aunt and uncle and friends) walked all 39.3 miles and then some, while some of us worked in the background and helped out. One of my best buddies Stephanie and I worked medical crew popping blisters and wrapping weak joints. It was super fun and rewarding...BUT... we signed up to walk next year! 2014 here we come!




Eric and I are getting ready for a BIG trip. We're celebrating our 1 year anniversary abroad! We'll be off for 2 weeks in the start of October but we've been planning for weeks and we're so super excited. We've also been getting to spend time together, even making time for date nights after work. Last week I got home from work at 8:00 and then we went out for dinner and a movie. We had a great time, but the movie was probably not a good idea that late at night. I took an obligatory his & hers beer shot... mine's the darker brew, natch.



The heat has been so ridiculous, and we've been so exhausted, that we haven't even wanted to cook! Believe that.  Our fridge has been mostly empty, we've gone out to eat more times that we'd like to admit, and our electric bill is proof of how long we've been running the air for. Last week we got back into the kitchen when we made a family dinner our our house. If fall won't show it's face yet, at least we can cook like it, run the air until it's chilly, and just pretend we live somewhere else where fall is in full swing and sweaters aren't something you regret. On the menu this week was roasted beets with orange juice and feta cheese, grilled veggies, pork chops with grilled peaches, and topped off with a semi-homemade strawberry short cake. YUM!




Where's all the soup?  Good question. I've been asking myself that too. I've been slacking. We've been slacking. Dishes are piling up and we've got to get organized. I'm hoping to dish up a few different soups in the next few days to get us caught up... then we'll have to get ahead before our trip as well.  But have no fear, I haven't given up. We've come too far for that!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment