Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Talking Cameras

Day 3 of The M. I worked all night and so I spent most of the day sleeping. Even the excitement of getting up to take more pictures wasn't enough to drag me out of bed before I could get some good shut eye.

I read over today's lessons, but I haven't quite had the time to really sit and play around with composition. And to be honest, I'm still trying to figure out this whole aperture vs shutter speed thing.  So today's lesson was substituted with dinner at my dad's house. He's a photographer (and a pretty fabulous one at that), so getting to sit down and kind of review what I had been learning, and hear it in his words really helped to get it to all settle in my mind.

For this class I've been using my mom's Fujifilm Finepix, it's not a DSLR, but it's been doing the job with the manual settings. It's lightweight, easy to transport, and fun to use. I have been meaning to try out a DSLR too. E and I have been thinking about investing in a DSLR camera, but neither of us have had a chance to play around with one. So my dad is lending me his Nikon for the week to get more familiar with how it all works and to try out my new skills on a bigger (more complex!) scale.

So I haven't had a chance to really sit and play around with the Nikon, nor have I gotten to work on anything new as far as Day 3 is concerned. But I did get to take some fun pictures with my dad (I haven't figured out where the memory card is on this camera...) which I will post later. 

In the mean time - work (during the day!) tomorrow, and then some Easter egg dying festivities, which I am sure will present with some fab picture practicing opportunities!  

Dad in action

But right now I need some shut-eye!

xox
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment