Monday, June 4, 2012

What's in a name? Bacheegs and Love


This blog has evolved a bit since the beginning, and I realized that if you've just stumbled upon this site, you might not have the slightest clue as to how this blog got it's name and what it means. So - what's in a name?

BACHEEGS AND LOVE: The beginning.

Bacheeg (n): Armenian for a kiss, typically used in a playful way.   

This all started when I was spending a lot of time reading wedding blogs. Ever since Eric and I have been engaged, I've been an avid wedding blog reader. We didn't start planning our wedding until just a few months ago, and when we finally got started, I realized that planning an American-Armenian wedding was WAY different than all the weddings that you see on blogs and magazines. I love how amazingly unique our traditions and weddings are, but I started to feel disconnected from other brides out there. So I created  "Bacheegs and Love" (Kisses and Love) on WordPress to blog about our engagement, our planning, our wedding and our adventures as an American-Armenian couple tying the knot. 

I loved the concept for it, but I soon realized that I needed blogging to be an outlet...and sometimes I needed it to be an outlet away from wedding planning too. So I started another blog on New Year's Day called "On Cellos and Coffee," also on WordPress. This one took off and I started exploring ways to get creative and use crafts and blogging as a way to de-stress as I was adjusting to my new role as a nurse working in the middle of the night. It was great finally having an outlet, and it even made my nights at work more fulfilling! 

But then I had two blogs, one that I was frequently updating, and one that started to feel more like a burden to blog about. Both were on WordPress, and I wasn't happy with the interface. So I decided to start up on Blogger and merge all my blog posts here. I decided to keep Bacheegs and Love as my title. Bacheegs are more than just romantic kisses, they're cute, fun, and quirky, and always full of love. It's almost a life mantra... living with a life of bacheegs and love is like surrounding  yourself with all the things and people that make you think of all things happy and fabulous! 

So there you have it. I think this blog is evolving every day, which actually makes a lot of sense. I knew from the beginning that this was going to be a big year for me, and in a way I am evolving a little bit every day too.  So whether I'm blogging about the wedding plans or about my latest project, or just about my life, it will be here, and it will be full of bacheegs and LOVE. 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment