Thursday, November 22, 2012

More prep!

I'm updating from work. It's been a busy two days juggling work, sleep, and Thanksgiving preparations, but I'm sure you figured that out. 

As anxious as I am about it, I'm starting to get excited more than anything. I feel like I've been in a funk trying to figure out my "role" as wife, cook, daughter, sister, and now, Thanksgiving day hostess. I guess I thought that might help me plan?  But really, it has caused me more stress than anything else.

Maybe it's because I've been at work when all I want to do is be at home helping. But I have realized that defining the "role" I am in isn't as important as just being me and doing what I do, and most importantly, enjoying it.

So tomorrow, or today now, I guess, I'm going to relax, cook, enjoy, and just truly be thankful for all the amazingly wonderful people, family, and friends I am blessed with.
In case I end up in a massive turkey coma and don't take pictures or post anything....

Happy Thanksgiving!!

XO

1 comment:

  1. RELAX... everybody won't be there for six hours :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete