Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In My Life






Week two of twenty thirteen - where is the time flying? It's going quickly and lots of exciting things are happening.  E and I went on an impromptu trip to Las Vegas just to get away for the weekend. There's a shot of the view from our room at the Mirage. We had a fun time playing penny slots and watching Jersey Boys. Just relaxing and enjoying our time together. 

I'm spending a lot of time focusing on my word "choose" and I am feeling a big difference in my attitude about a lot of things, especially work. Choosing to tackle what's in front of me because I can helps me adjust my attitude. I mentioned before that I am participating in the "i choose" course via Big Picture Classes, and I've also started on Ali Edward's "One Little Word" class, which is also helping me look at the definition of "choose" and what it means to me, as well as helping me set intentions for the word choose in my life for the next year. I'm really enjoying it and excited about what it's going to mean for the year ahead. 

I'm also going crazy deciding on what soup to pick for soup #2. I am realizing that I have a year of deciding ahead of me and I'm going to need to just choose a soup for this week. That's my kitchen table (really...) covered in open cook books filled with delicious recipes. And I'm hungry, so it makes deciding a lot harder!

Reading:  Lot's of blogs, and lots of articles. I've just discovered the app "flipboard" and it's fabulous. It consolidates all kinds of news/blog/social media/magazine articles and puts them in one place. I have it on my Nook and my cell phone and it's a great way to stay informed. E (or Santa...not sure) got me "A Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowling for Christmas and I am excited to start reading it. 

Watching: Not too much TV, all our fave shows are on hiatus from the holidays...we're waiting for HIMYM to come back. 

Listening: To Mumford and Sons in my car. I love their folk-rock sort of sound (and the banjo...and their accents).  That's what's playing in my car on the way in to work, and lots of Kevin and Bean in the mornings when I am driving home (to keep me laughing to stay awake).

Cooking and Baking: Aside from making soups, I'm just cooking dinners. Although I made a yummy crock-pot chicken last night. I used a sauce I had left over from dinner the night before and poured it over the chicken in the morning, turned it on low and went to sleep (I'd just gotten home from work) By 3:00 the chicken was amazingly tender and yummy. The sauce was artichoke and lemon sauce with chardonnay we'd gotten as a gift from Williams Sonoma. It was a great flavor and a delicious way to make the chicken. 

Thinking: About the year ahead and all the things to choose ahead of me. There are changes happening at work, and still lots of adjustments to being married. I'm hoping that my one little word will help me get through it and make positive choices. 

Looking forward: to starting Project Life. I just purchased the Seafoam edition core kit and some page protectors. This is something I thought about last year, but I didn't have the time to put into it. I'm excited to use this as a way to document our first year as a married couple as well as how my OLW starts to evolve and the course of the 52 soup project. It's going to be exciting!

Alright - we're off to go out to dinner. Until next time!
XO

3 comments:

  1. Choose to get plenty of rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post - fantastic peek into your life and your fabulous positive January attitude - looks like you are definitely choosing to make some great choices!

    Kate
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete