Friday, January 25, 2013

Life around here




Good morning. I know I've gone missing these past few days, but I'm still here. It's been busy around here. I just got home from work and I'm ready to head off to bed for a few hours before getting up to get some grocery shopping done, start on soup #4 (!), and bake a cake. It's my mama's birthday tomorrow and I'm getting into celebration mode, but first, there is cooking to be done!

These are just a few shots from my week.  I've been chopping lots of veggies for soups and dinners. That grapefruit was broiled in the oven with some brown sugar...that's what's dark around the edges, not mold. ;)  And E and I worked on the very first part of our backyard garden this week. We turned and tilled the soil (yes, tilling is my new favorite part), and we planted some lavender, ornamental kale, and Icelandic poppies. I'll post about our new and exciting plants soon! 

For now, I am off to catch some ZZzzz's before they catch me. Goodnight! 

XO 

P.S. Over 5,000 views on the blog - thank you!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. good night and sleep sweet - great photos - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to suggest a soup for my birthday week, if you haven;t already chosen it for another week, or chosen another soup for week of Oct 7..... Chestnut Soup.. I am looking for a recipe for a chestnut soup that I can make as a traditional soup for Thanksgiving dinner. The challenge is, that they are seasonal.. with a short season.. and I tried the semi-dried type found vacuum packed in the fridge section this last year, but was dissatisfied with the result. So, a good recipe for fresh chestnuts is your challenge... should you decide to accept it is to provide a delicious and creamy chestnut soup that I will make our family traditional Thanksgiving meal soup. As always, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

    ReplyDelete