Tuesday, April 2, 2013

OneLittleWord in April / Choose Wisely


Hello April. How quickly you arrived. I can't believe it really. It's April. That means my birthday is just a month away! April means that my not-so-little cousin will be 14, that we have to start planting more veggies in our garden. It means that we really need to start clearing spaces in our home and decorating so we can have the family over and show it off. April means Spring, and Spring means action. It means getting things done. With the message of Easter fresh from this weekend, April means renewal and resurrection, and it means starting fresh.

Like I mentioned last month, I haven't really been following along with the One Little Word class as much as I'd hoped. But it's different from how I see myself making this word work for me. It's more of a personal word and not something I want to make an album of. When I'm going about my day, choose is like a whisper in the back of my head, sort of guiding me along. 

Last month, my intention was to choose to thrive. It was a busy month and I am officially a day shifter. And I love it. There's still so much more to learn and refresh my memory on, but I really love getting to interact with my patients, their families, and even the whole hospital. As busy as it gets, I really feel like I am able to thrive and that I am doing what I wanted to do when I realized I wanted to be a nurse. I'm doing what I love again, and I'm thriving. 

This month, being with the themes of renewal and action, I am choosing to CHOOSE WISELY. This kind of brings it all back to the roots - why I picked this word. To choose my actions, my words, my thoughts, my attitude - wisely. I'm still getting through the learning curve at work, E and I have more time together, and I'm trying to spread out time with each of our families too. I want to choose wisely what I eat and how I spend my free time. Choosing to exercise or to exercise my right to use a substitute for butter when I cook. The big 26 is only a month away and I'd like to look and feel 26 and not feel like I ate two giant Easter feasts this weekend, and then some (oh wait, I did).  I need to be wise and not choose to eat two big feasts and then some in one weekend. 

But you get where I am going with this. It's almost a start over, 4 months in. Reminding myself that it's all in my hands, and that I can do it, in my own way. 

Happy April!

XO

1 comment: