Monday, May 20, 2013

Hey World! Meet Sofie @ Strike a Prose


This is Sofie from Strike a Prose - a blog I've been following  for a few months now.  I was so thrilled when she agreed to work with me on this first two-way interview! 

Strike a Prose is where Sofie writes about well, just about anything, only she does it in her fabulously fun and witty prose which keep you reading like a good book! I love that we've connected from two completely different parts of the world and yet I can totally relate to so much of what she's got to say. If you're looking for a fun & sassy blogger to follow, Sofie's your gal! Here's what she had to say about the questions I sent her. 





Question 1:  What is your favorite smell?

My favorite smell is the smell of my grandmother’s Fenjal deodorant. One whiff of that and it’s like I am taken back to some safe place in my soul that holds everything that was good and precious about my childhood. All the memories are kept there, and they reveal themselves to me in flashes; like when I was five and went to the movie theater for the first time to see “Thumbelina”, or the time where my grandmother and I bought my first set of make-up (it took me some years to actually wear it). It’s all of these firsts that gives me this happy feeling inside.

Question 2:  Who inspires you the most?

I had to think about this question for about 3 years, because, well, that’s just the kind of person I am – I take everything very seriously. And after some soul-searching, I realized that those who inspire me the most are girls and women, who have enough confidence within themselves to not listen to those who tell them that “they are doing it wrong”; that they should be wearing something else, or shaving something else, or act a certain way. Although this can also be said to some degree for males, businesses all over the world have made an industry of our insecurities; insecurities that have been planted in us to make us spend more money, because we believe that we have to go through all of these steps to be societally beautiful. Only it doesn’t just make us buy a certain shirt, it also makes us feel like we have to buy a set of boobs to match, because the ones we have might be droopy or “sad” or whatever horrible words that are used to describe perfectly normal natural f***ing breasts. It’s incredibly disheartening. I am not against plastic surgery, because I think it can be a wonderful thing for some people in some cases, but the fact that there are ads on buses in Denmark advertising boob-jobs is insane. Kudos to those who see how ridiculous that is, and kudos to those who live their lives with the mission to not let this sick twisted phenomenon impact their ability to feel happy with themselves.

Question 3: What is your favorite dinner? Is it something you make, a family dish, or something from a restaurant?

My favorite dinner in the entire world is the Buffalo Chicken Pizza Pie from Albert’s Pizza in Ronkonkoma, Long Island, New York. I am telling you, my first bite of that pizza was like a religious experience. My boyfriend has finally learned that getting that for me, as a surprise is the most efficient way to woo me – if you know what I mean.

Question 4: If someone offered to pay you a ridiculous amount of money per year to do whatever you wanted to do for a living, what would you want to do?

The truth is that I have absolutely no idea, which actually scares me a little bit. I think that, if I had a dream, I would do it despite the money. If I felt I had a true calling and really felt drawn to something, then I would feel obligated to do it – for my own sake.

I love to write. I love what I do now, here, with my blog. I don’t know if I would be a professional writer (or if I could be a professional writer, for that matter), but I think it’s a wonderful hobby that makes me happy. 

Question 5:  What is your favorite outfit to wear and why?

I don’t think I have a favorite outfit per se, but I’m a dress girl for sure. I wear dresses almost every day, and if I don’t, I wear skirts. Pants are like putting my legs in the slammer. Back before I discovered the freedom of dresses, I would wear pants every day, and the first thing I did when I got home was, without exception, to take them off. 

Question 6:  What one piece of advice (about life, blogging, fashion, food, WHATEVER) would you give to any readers out there, what would if be and why?

1.   Be gentle to yourself.
2.   You can’t change the cards you are dealt, but you can choose how to play them.



A big THANK YOU to Sofie for being so awesome about making this happen. I hope you all enjoyed getting to know her, and I hope you check back to her blog Strike a Prose for more! You can look here for Sofie's post about ME!

XO

Want to be interviewed? Find out more information here!

No comments:

Post a Comment