Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pin-Gazing: travel edition

The last time I posted pins on a blog, it was a hit. I started browsing through Pinterest this morning with the intention of doing the same thing, but all the DIY tables and decor ideas were making me really overwhelmed as there are so many projects to do and think about right now. The one thing that has been on our minds has been travel and vacation, as we may or may not be planning a trip for our anniversary. The idea of traveling and taking a break from the everyday is relaxing and inspiring in a lot of ways, so I thought I'd revisit the Pinterest posting, and we'll call it "Pin Gazing" because that's what it is. So here it is, for your viewing pleasure: the travel edition.

pin poster

I love these vintage travel posters... I think it would be so neat to collect them from different places and decorate a wall or hallway with travel spots. 

pin passport case

Super smart and easy way to tuck your passport safely into your purse or bag. This also might help make it look a little less like a passport in your bag too...maybe. Best bet: hide it in your purse or on your body.

pin luggage shelf

This just went along with our theme, and I think it's really cute...but you'd have to waste a lot of perfectly good vintage luggage to do it. 

pin embmap

I love the detail of sewing the trip into a map rather than just highlighting it. You can frame it later or add it into a scrapbook page. 

pin cork map

I've always thought it would be cool to have a giant map where you can pinpoint all the cities and countries you've been to. I think it's a good way to display it, and it's also incentive. I mean, it's a big world out there, and those pins are pretty tiny!

pin camera bag

Wherever we go, we don't really take our camera's bag with us because it's not a very big one, and there is kinda no point. I'd like to either make a new bag from an old bag of mine, or find a cute camera bag somewhere. One we both won't mind carrying!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment