Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Life @ 35 weeks


Hey guess what? I'm growing a human.  It's 7:30 in the morning on an average Wednesday in the life of a 35 week preggo lady. I've been up for an hour feeling baby kicks and trying to figure out what position he's in, deciding that he's just moving all over the place. I've also been catching up on Facebook and Instagram, blog posts I follow, and playing a game of Bejeweled. I then debated about what to have for breakfast for about 10 minutes. Life cereal and bananas for the win.

Sounds like the sweet life. I'm not going to lie. It's pretty great. Though I did sleep really well last night and that has a lot to do with it. Most nights I toss and turn and wake up sweating and then sometimes can't fall asleep. Most mornings (like today), I wake up when E is getting ready for work and then once he leaves, no matter how tired I am, I can't fall back asleep. So most mornings lately, start off like this...usually with some variation in breakfast. I'm enjoying the rest and relaxation while I can.

I stopped working two weeks ago due to a lot of back and pelvic pain. My shoes weren't fitting anymore, and frankly I'm pretty sure my IQ has plummeted. It's hard to stay focused on things for too long, and when I do, my sentences start to get jumbled and talking becomes a big task. Since stopping work, my back and pelvic pain has almost completely resolved, there's still pressure, but it doesn't hurt to stand up any more. My shoes still don't fit. I'm left with my trusty new Birkenstock sandals as that's all that fits my swollen, puffy, empanada feet. Some days I have ankles.

Now that I'm home things are started to get exciting. Yesterday I hit the 35 week mark with 35 days to go... now 34 days. It's so hard to believe. Sometimes it seems like it's flown by, but when I think back to first finding out, it all seems like so long ago. Now our baby's room is nearly ready (just a few hundred more loads of laundry to go....and he's not even here yet!), and walking by it makes me smile.  His book collection is growing and we're enjoying reading to him already!

My days stretch out in front of me. I don't have a lot to do, but I have a lot to do. And most of the time I only have enough energy to do a little bit of it. I'm prepping for the biggest thing that's ever happened to me, to us. It's a lot of work this baby growing business!  He's also decided on an acrobatic career in the last few days. Or Karate Stunt Double. I'm not sure which. I just hope he judo-chops his way into the right position before he decides to make his grand-entrance. I still can't tell what body parts are poking out where and when. They all just feel round like heads...or butts. But I love when he wiggles around to make his presence known. Little reminders throughout my day of just how much I love him.

35 weeks down. Just about 5 to go. So far the consensus is that he's going to come a little early. I'm not too sure about that, but who knows?  As long as he's ready, we'll be waiting!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment