Monday, July 28, 2014

The Countdown

We've all been counting down for what seems like forever. While my pregnancy does seem to have flown by, when I think back to that first bit of news, the joy the excitement of telling family and friends, it seems like so long ago. We've all come a long way since then. So much has happened. My belly has grown, and grown, and grown. Kicks have gotten stronger and turned into rolling motions. My baby has hiccuped and flipped around and around and now weighs probably around 6 lbs or so. January 1st seems like ages ago, and yesterday all at the same time, and somehow I know that this is how the rest of my life is going to feel.

Yesterday we hit the 30 day mark. 30 days till our little guy's due date, though pretty much everyone thinks he is coming early.  I had a very real realization yesterday. If he is coming early, that means he could be in my arms like...in two weeks! Or sooner really. YIKES!

Not that I'm not totally ready to hold him and love him, but when you wait 9 months for something and realize you've only got a very little amount of time left before everything changes (for the better), it's a little nerve wracking.

Our baby's room is pretty much done. We might add a few little details here and there, and we're still looking for the perfect forest-y looking rug. I still have some baby laundry to do, but for the most part it's all ready for him. I'm trying to get the house as cleaned up as possible. I'm not sure if it's a nesting instinct that's kicking in, but I have a long list of things to get done around the house today. Since I've pretty much given up on the idea of keeping my feet from swelling, I might as well just go for it. The kitchen will be cleaned and the dining room table will be cleared by tonight, if nothing else gets done!

There's no picture for this post. We have 29 days until our calculations tell us he's going to be here, but we're getting ready. No picture can show that excitement (well, I could take one, but considering I'm bumming around in leggings and a tee shirt with total bed head, I'm going to pass). This was just an update and an official beginning to a new month of counting.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment