Thursday, June 21, 2012

Productivity

Night shift has really been throwing me a curve ball.  Just when I think I'm getting used to it, I get completely exhausted, which leads to feeling defeated, like I'm never going to feel energized again. I've been feeling so tired lately, not getting to do the things I really want, and feeling like endless hours of sleep was never enough.  

Last night was my one night off after working two shifts in a row, and I'm back at it tonight. So after sleeping most of the day yesterday, I woke up to meet up with my mom at the gym. Even after a good work out, I was pooped (I usually feel fab after working out!), after dinner and after my head stopped throbbing, I finally started to perk up. So much so that I was up super late.  By 12:30 am I wasn't tired, so I started watching a movie, that ended and I shut the lights, finally thinking sleep would be in my near future. But I tossed and turned until well after 3am. 

But in all of my wakefullness I decided that maybe I'm just getting too much sleep. I decided that today would not be wasted in bed feeling icky, and that I would get up early enough and get things done!  I made a list full of small tasks that I could get done.  




Here it is. I'm proud to say that every one of these things got checked off. I even got my butt out the door and went for a walk ... to the market to buy the disposable camera! Killing two birds with one stone! 

HA! Beat that sleep! Well, I shouldn't be one to talk, since I'm going to go shower and then take a nap. But still. So proud of myself for getting my act together and actually getting things done!

On another note, I'm thinking about making some changes here in the blog world... all good ones, no worries. But brainstorming ideas about possible weekly posts to keep up with the consistency of it all. 

Until later, good night, wish me luck tonight (hopefully this all worked out and I'm not exhausted for my whole shift!). More soon!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment