Thursday, July 19, 2012

photo-a-day/18+19

Day 18 - PLATE
 My super apologies for such terrible picture quality on this first one. Last night I went out to dinner with my dad, step-mom, and brother to celebrate my brother's 31st. This was our plate of oil and vinegar, but I had to snap the pic fast because he was about to dip into it, and I think he was a bit annoyed at how many shots of our plate I was taking. I also uploaded it to instagram, so the filter adds to the grainy-ness of it all, and it was super dark. OK, enough with the excuses. There you have it, my plate from July 18, 2012 - may it go down in history.

DAY 19 - Animal/insect/pet

Since my post on day 6 (chair) showcased my sweet Kitty Zelda - I thought today should allow fat Kitty Matiko to shine.  Here he is in his 22lb glory (yes, he's fatter than your average Thanksgiving turkey!), sitting in front of his favorite window, almost wrapped up in the shade cords, as usual.  I tried to get a picture of him in his natural meatloaf-esq state (lying on his back, paws in the air), but today he seemed unusually interested in my phone and kept wanting to get  up and play. But here he is -MATIKO.  If you're wondering.... he got his name when my little cousin was a baby and couldn't say "tomato" - she used to call them "matiko" (more complicated, right?). But we thought that was a cute name, so when this kitty came by, he was so named Matiko. He also goes by "fat kitty" (seriously, he responds...). 

XO

2 comments:

  1. Your pic really captures his true fat-kittyness. He's our original bad boy kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! He's soooo cute! :3

    - Sasha
    www.lacewinged.com

    ReplyDelete